QA Graphics is seeking a Technical Designer for Building Automation. This position is not a creative design position; it is a technical graphic position. This position is full-time and is located at QA Graphics’ office in Ankeny, Iowa.
QA Graphics is a leader in the building automation and green building industries. The company specializes in HVAC graphic development services, system graphics, and floor plan graphics. These dashboards help organizations teach occupants about building performance and sustainability. The company also provides marketing solutions such as interactive applications, 3D design and animation, UX design, videos, and more. Visit www.qagraphics.com to learn more.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The Technical Designer for Building Automation takes existing control drawings and convert them into graphical images using a pre-configured symbol library with drag and drop functionality. QA Graphics will provide comprehensive training. Applicants should have experience working in collaborative environments and be able to effectively communicate with clients and teammates. Applicants must have a technical aptitude and ability to learn new software including the latest building control manufacturers’ software (Tridium AX, Niagara N4, Trane Tracer, JCI Metasys UI etc.). QA Graphics will provide comprehensive training.
Applicants must enjoy taking initiative and being innovative. We’re looking for someone who is focused on evolving and embracing new design techniques and development processes. The ideal candidate will be eager to push themselves and their designs to deliver the best products possible. Candidates must be able to work productively independently and within a team in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience in HVAC design preferred; or a comparable technical aptitude bachelor’s degree
- Develop graphical screens for the building control industry using Niagara N4 and other software
- Help develop and maintain standards and procedures for developing graphical screens
- Keep up-to-date on all the latest visualization software releases and stay familiar with related updates
- Keep accurate and organized project notes
- Good customer support for graphical issues
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS:
- Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages including Microsoft Word, Niagara AX, and N4, Excel, AutoCAD, and others. Applicants will be trained.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems and computer related issues.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Pay is determined by experience. Benefits include: healthcare, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, and long-term and short-term insurance.
Interested applicants e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.