QA Graphics is seeking a CAD Drafter-Revit to join our expanding team. This full-time position is open immediately and will be located at QA Graphics’ office in Ankeny, Iowa.
QA Graphics is a leader in the building automation and green building industries. The company specializes in HVAC graphic development services, system graphics, floor plan graphics, and Energy Efficiency Education Dashboards™ (EEEDs). These dashboards help organizations teach occupants about building performance and sustainability. The company also provides marketing solutions such as interactive applications, 3D design and animation, UX design, videos, and more. Visit www.qagraphics.com to learn more.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The CAD Drafter position’s focus is to provide design support for computer-aid design projects including floor plan development and cleanup of existing floor plan updates. Applicants should have experience working in collaborative environments and be able to effectively communicate with clients, teammates, and graphical designers to ensure they receive the electronic floor plan in a format that they can work with. The CAD Drafter must be able to work with multiple departments to ensure their schedules are met. The drafter must Optimize CAD design best-practices while incorporating trends using Revit.
Applicants must enjoy taking initiative and being innovative. We’re looking for someone who is focused on evolving and embracing new design techniques and development processes. The ideal candidate will be eager to push themselves and their designs to deliver the best products possible. Candidates must be able to work productively independently and within a team in a fun, relaxed atmosphere.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Computer-Aided Drafting or equivalent
- 1-3 years working in the Drafting field or related area
- 1 year of experience with Autodesk Revit to demonstrated computer drafting skills utilizing Autodesk Revit
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Proven competency in verbal and written communication
- Proven ability to deliver highly accurate and clearly understood architectural floor plan and scale drawings
- Create and prepare detailed electronic working plans and/or scale drawings for projects
- Ability to produce drawings in accordance with specific project requirements
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are a plus.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the building controls field
Pay is determined on experience, with full benefits including healthcare, dental, 401K, PTO, and long-term and short-term insurance.
Interested applicants e-mail email@example.com.
No phone calls please