QA Graphics is looking to hire a 3D Modeler Artist to join their team. This individual needs to have a strong desire to learn, as well as a solid understanding of different design programs. This full-time position is open immediately and will be located at QA Graphics’ office location in Ankeny, Iowa.
QA Graphics is a leader in the building automation and green building industries. The company specializes in HVAC graphic development services, system graphics, floor plan graphics, and Energy Efficiency Education Dashboards™ (EEEDs). The company also provides custom marketing solutions such as interactive applications, 3D design and animation, UX design, videos, web design, and more. Visit www.qagraphics.com to learn more.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The 3D Modeler Artist will work closely with the Project Coordinator and clients to manage projects and produce compelling 3D design and animations using the latest 3D modeling and rendering software. The 3D Modeler Artist must be versatile and proficient at 3D modeling, practicing current design standards. Maintaining those standards throughout development while working with a variety of personnel, managing project deadlines, and producing compelling animation and photo composites for customers. You will design, create, and offer creative solutions for internal or client-based projects, but you should also be able to adapt designs to incorporate customer feedback.
We’re looking for someone who is focused on evolving and embracing new design techniques and development processes. This candidate must be self-motivated, eager to push themselves and their designs to deliver the best products possible. Candidates must be able to work independently and within a team in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Candidates will need to effectively communicate with clients and teammates, enjoy taking initiative, and being innovative, while juggling multiple projects and change focus with short notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or Multimedia Design, or 4 years plus of equivalent experience
- 2 or more years’ work experience in a B2B professional atmosphere with a portfolio of work.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Experience with complex modeling in Cinema 4D – including low/high poly modeling, animation, texturing, and lighting.
- Proficient in Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, etc.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Works with the design group to conceptualize ideas and efficiency improvements.
- Produce illustrations for products whenever necessary.
- Good judgment of animation speed and an excellent sense of rhythm.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Octane Render is a plus.
- Some knowledge of computer hardware (GPUs) is a plus.
- Team player that can work well in a small company atmosphere.
- Strong creative/graphic design skills, innovative, and detailed-oriented.
- Willingness to learn to develop graphical screens for the controls industry using control company-specific automation software.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Salary is based on experience and past achievements. We offer full, competitive benefits including PTO, healthcare, and 401K and long-term and short-term insurance.
Interested applicants e-mail email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.