QA Graphics is seeking a 3D Modeler Artist. This full-time position is open immediately and will be located at QA Graphics’ office location in Ankeny, Iowa.
QA Graphics is a leader in the building automation and green building industries. The company specializes in HVAC graphic development services, system graphics, floor plan graphics, and Energy Efficiency Education Dashboards™ (EEEDs). These dashboards help organizations teach occupants about building performance and sustainability. The company also provides marketing solutions such as interactive applications, 3D design and animation, UX design, videos, and more. Visit www.qagraphics.com to learn more.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The 3D Modeler Artist will work closely with the Project Coordinator and clients to manage projects and produce compelling 3D design and animations. Using a state-of-the-art rendering farm onsite, along with the latest 3D modeling software such as Cubix, GPU hardware, and Octane Render. The 3D Modeler Artist must be versatile and proficient at 3D modeling, practicing current design standards. Maintaining those standards throughout development while working with a variety of personnel, managing project deadlines, and producing compelling animation and photo composites for customers. You will design, create, and offer creative solutions for internal or client-based projects, but you should also be able to adapt designs to incorporate customer feedback.
We’re looking for someone who is focused on evolving and embracing new design techniques and development processes. This candidate must be self-motivated, eager to push themselves and their designs to deliver the best products possible. Candidates must be able to work independently and within a team in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Candidates will need to effectively communicate with clients and teammates, enjoy taking initiative, and being innovative, while juggling multiple projects and change focus with short notice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts or Multimedia Design, or 4 years plus of equivalent experience
- 2 or more years’ work experience in a B2B professional atmosphere with a portfolio of work.
- Experience with complex modeling task in Cinema 4D – Including the ability to create low/high poly modeling, animation, texturing, and lighting.
- Strong creative/graphic design skills, innovative, and detailed-oriented.
- Self-starter able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Octane Render is a plus.
- Works with design group to conceptualize ideas and efficiency improvements.
- Produce illustrations for products whenever necessary.
- Good judgment of animation speed and excellent sense of rhythm.
- Proficient in After Effects.
- Team player that can work well in a small company atmosphere.
- Willingness to learn to develop graphical screens for the controls industry using control company specific automation software.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Pay is determined on experience and past achievements. We offer full, competitive benefits including PTO, healthcare, and 401K and long-term and short-term insurance.
Interested applicants e-mail email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.