Monday, April 17th – The President of the United States followed through on one of his promises to advance American labor and goods. While visiting Wisconsin, President Trump signed the executive order referred to as “Buy American, Hire American.”
Essentially, the order aims to streamline and reinforce the existing government rules and policies which are currently overloaded with waivers. The bill will start as a top-down business model; first strengthening government policies, by looking to see where the government can buy American made.
The order will take time to achieve all the set goals, as there are many parts to this puzzle. Some key takeaways include:
- A 150-day self-assessment review for a range of federal agencies has already begun. Related agencies are tasked with coming up with a plan to support “hiring American.” Asking departments to look at inefficiencies, policy proposals, etc.
- A look at all federal government trade deals and procurement plans will be taking place over the next 220 days. The goal is to identify where government agencies can first buy American, which sets the tone to get the business model moving
- Finally, the bill aims to strengthen departmental review to identify potential “abuses” of the visa waiver system, preventing fraud and abuse within the immigration system.
When you work with QA Graphics you are buying and hiring American.
According to QA Graphics current business model in place:
- QA Graphics is set up to receive and has already been working on government projects.
- QA Graphics’ products and services are completed in the heart of the Midwest.
- All employees are E-Verified. A government program of electronically E-Verifying an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States after completion of an I-9 form.
- QA is registered as well with the official U.S. government website, System for Award Management (SAM)