As of May 2014, 25% of global web traffic was conducted on mobile devices, this number continues to increase each year. Companies are getting more serious about their business’s mobile presence and need the resources to create responsive designs for online marketing. Responsive design results in nearly 15% increase in unique clicks for mobile users, according the Litmus & MailChimp “The Science of Email Clicks: The Impact of Responsive Design & Inbox Testing” (December 2014). One of the user top complaints is when designs are not mobile friendly. This has lead tech companies focused on creating interfaces for mobile screens and the previously unfamiliar roles of UI and UX Designers.
UX Designers (or User Experience Designers) ensure that designs logically flow from one step to the next and are concerned with exploring different approaches to solving specific user problems. UI Designers (or User Interface Designers) visually communicate the path that the UX designer has laid out. UI Designers deal with the overall feel of the finished product and design each page a user interacts with. Many companies combine these roles because they work so closely together to create engaging experiences for the audience.
Successful UX & UI design incorporates the following:
- Creating a layout that fits the screen.
- Using elements designed for touch screens and ensuring that those elements are the appropriate measurements for touch-ability (44 x 44 points).
- Using text that is at least 11 points so it is easy to read.
- Making sure font colors appropriate contrast with backgrounds.
- Using high resolution images so they don’t appear blurry on retina displays and displaying those images at their intended aspect ratio.
For more details and tips, check out this Do’s & Don’ts article published by Apple Developer.
Not sure where to start? QA Graphics has you covered! Contact us today to find out how our experienced UX/UI Designers can help deliver a uniquely engaging experience for your audience!
Thank you for your valuable information keep update the useful information like this